Drivers using the Dartford Crossing this week could face additional delays with night closures planned across the coming days.
The works – which will hit drivers using the northbound tunnels in the evenings and overnight – are part of planned maintenance being carried out by Highways England.
Closures will apply to the tunnels only, with the QE11 Bridge not set for any planned restrictions.
This means motorists heading northbound will be hit, with the northeast and northwest tunnels both set for planned closures over the coming week.
When will the Dartford Crossing closures be in place?
The following closures will take place between 20:30 and 05:30 on the dates below.
- Monday, April 16:Northbound east tunnel.
- Tuesday, April 17: Northbound east tunnel.
- Wednesday, April 18: Northbound east tunnel.
- Thursday, April 19: Northbound east tunnel.
- Friday, April 20: Northbound east tunnel.
- Saturday, April 21: Northbound west tunnel.
- Sunday, April 22: Northbound east tunnel
- CLOSURES WILL BE IN PLACE 20:30-05:30
How to pay the Dart Charge and what to do if you forget
Here’s our guide to help make sure you don’t get hit by a Dartford Crossing fine for not paying the automated toll that came into effect in 2014, when toll booths were removed.
Have the Dartford Crossing charges been axed?
Despite rumours started by a spoof news site, the Dartford Crossing charges are still payable. Here’s what you need to know.